It is simple to arrange a training event with the GPS Orienteering app.
- Create a course using the app, see ‘Getting started’ or ‘App functions/Courses’.
- Publish the course by selecting ‘Publish’ when you have set the course and specified the opening time. The opening hours can be changed also after the course has been published.
- You also need to publish the map itself to make it available for the participants. Open the map used for the course and select ‘Publish’ in the option menu. It is not necessary to have the map in the app to be able to run the course.
- Give the course code to the participants using the function ‘Share course code’ in the options menu when you have opened the course view. The participants can either scan the QR code or enter the 8 character code manually.
- Give the participants a paper map with the course. You can create a printable map with the ‘Export’ function, see ‘App functions/Courses’
- Now the preparations are done and the participants can download the course (see ‘Event/Participate in an event’).
The event does not necessarily have to occur at a specific time or day, but can be stretched in time like ‘course of the month’.